Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Project Fun Friday ~ Pumpkin Pie Squares




Pumpkin Pie Squares


1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar

1 cup All-Purpose Flour

1/2 cup Rolled Oats

2 Eggs

3/4 cup Sugar

1 ~ 15oz can Pumpkin

1 ~ 12 oz can Evaporated Milk

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp Ground Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Ground Ginger

1/4 tsp Ground Cloves





♥ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


♥ In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
Mix in flour. Fold in the oats.


♥ Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes, until set.


♥ In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the white sugar.
Beat in the pumpkin and evaporated milk.


♥ Mix in the salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Pour the mixture over the baked crust.


♥ Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until set.


♥ Let the pie cool before cutting into squares.



Hint:
I make this recipe the night before I want to serve it. I cool it and cover it with Saran Wrap and I cut it into squares the next day. The squares come out of the pan with a very nice cut edge with this process.

If you don't like the idea of the oatmeal try using the same measurement with a ground graham crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment