Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Friday, March 13, 2009

Ballerina Girl


I had a customer request a custom made "Ballerina" inspired doll for her daughters upcoming third birthday.

It took me a few try's to design the ballet slippers for the doll. This dolls feet aren't of normal size and shape, but I think I did a pretty good job! My customer wasn't sure if the tulle ballerina skirt would hold up to her daughters play so, I designed a skirt with a little twirl to it and to match her shoes and body fabric. My favorite part of the entire doll is her lace up ballet slippers!

This is the reason why I think Etsy is at it's best for customers who want handmade custom items. Customers could never request custom work like this with the CPSIA law in effect and they could never get this in the regular toy store. My customer will now have a true one-of-a-kind doll that NO ONE else has!

Happy Birthday little one!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I love her! You're right, the slippers are too cute :) I'm sure your customer and her wee one will LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORABLE!! This little birthday girl will love her little ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words adorable and perfect are just not enough! She is simply gorgeous! I love everything about her - you are so so talented! Love ya, BFF!

    ReplyDelete