I am always up for trying something new and I had left over BBQ Pork from the night before and this just seemed to be the right fit to make Pineapple Fried Rice with a small change.
Curry Pineapple Fried Rice
4 Cups Cooked Rice
2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1/4 Cup Raisins
2 Eggs, scrambled
2 Cups BBQ Pork, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 Teaspoons Yellow Curry
1 - 15 ounce Can of Chunk Pineapple, drained
1. Take one teaspoon of the vegetable oil and pour it over the rice and rub it through the rice to loosen the grains of rice for cooking.
2. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and place into a large pan or wok.
3. Add the onion, frozen peas and raisins and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the peas are defrosted and warm.
4. Make a hole in the middle of the onion pea mixture and cook the eggs until scrambled.
5. Add the rice and BBQ Pork into the pan; mixing it well.
6. Add the curry and mix well. Continue to cook and turn the rice until the rice appears fried.
7. Add the pineapple until warm.
8. Serve immediately on a warm plate.